4.25.2010

What a day!

"what a day" I think it's a phrase that enters my mind atleast once a day. Each day holds it's own set of giggling girls & crocodile tears, packed full of memories I hope I never forget and someday's I am just happy for the chance to do better the next day! Everyday in our house is busy, even if we are just staying home, I wonder where the minutes go... how they quickly turn into hours, mornings turn into nights, and then slowly the last hours drag on FOREVER!

Smiling little faces break up my day... I can be so mad, but then this little girl cracks a cute little face like this, and my heart melts!

Each day is a new one, full of new adventures and trials. Claire couldn't believe that I put Olivia in the sink for a quick tub, because once again she'd spilt her juice for the 1000 time that day! Adventure for the girls, Trial for me. I truly understand the saying "don't cry over spilled milk"



And then at the end of the day... Usually Daddy comes home,we kiss the girls, say prayers and then we fight with the girls for hours to get them to go to bed, Dave cuddles our little man and somewhere in the Chaos I mutter.... "what a day"!




WELL today was definatly a "WHAT A DAY" day! I thought it would go something like this...
Get up, Get 3 kids ready for church, try and get 3 babies to sit through sacrament, fight with the girls so they go to there classes, go to temple prep with 1 baby, no husband ( because Dave & I got an "assignment" (calling without getting set apart) to be an attending couple) Go to Relief Society, track down people to hand out new Visiting Teaching routes, then go to a meeting after church, bring all the babies home, figure out what to make for supper, get the kids to bed... and mutter to myself "what a day"

INSTEAD it went something like this....
7:30- Claire "mom, I am a little bit sick" PUKE all over my bed! that will make you open your eyes fast!
9:00- call the relief society pres. because I am not longer going to church, 6 pukes down and still going strong
10:30- 3 loads of laundry done, trying to stay on top of the messes, 2 beds stripped and remade, 1 shower with 2 girls in it, 1 baby screaming, 1 sister in law coming over to help me do her hair, olivia pukes on hall rug, claire pukes on bathroom rug.... more laundry
1:00- shot of gravol for each kids, naps, LAUNDRY!
Times are now a blur, all I know there is lots of throwing up, claire is in a diaper at this point, and lots of tubs, and yet more laundry...
6:00- sister in law brings lovely dinner, and pedialyte! LIFE SAVER!
7:00- another tub, another shot of gravol
8:16- Claire asleep in my bed, Olivia asleep in her bed, my eyes are burning, I am really tired.


I have been dreading days like this.... I was so scared that I wouldn't be able to do big messes like this, but I learned this... Watching your babies be sick is so hard, I would do anything to make them stop, and watching them sleep is the sweetest thing ever. There is nothing you won't do for your kids. They were little gems through the whole day, and at the end of today claire said something along the lines of "mommy, I love you, your being really nice to me" So it made it all worth it! I definetly am thinking "what a day" though! What a day for my husband to be out of town!





































































5 comments:

Chelsey said...

Your poor little girls. I hate it when my babies are sick! I hope they feel better soon! You are super-mom taking care of all three with such grace, way to go!

Unknown said...

Oh Meag, I love you! You are AMAZING! I have yet to encounter the all day puking. Hailey has only ever thrown up once and I almost cried. She didn't even care it seemed! You give me hope that someday I might be able to deal with a house full of sick puking children.

Jenn said...

HUGS Meaghan!! I totally feel your pain! I have had days where the triplets are ALL puking, and it is NOT fun! All you want to do is cry, but somehow you find the strength to do what needs to be done, and be a MOM! Hope tomorrow is a MUCH better day for you! :)

Francis Family said...

aw sad! Sounds like you handled it great! I have never had a day like that, so I have yet to experience it. Hope they are getting better!

Alysha Sladek said...

so sad. poor them and YOU. i hope they're all doing better really soon!