5.01.2010

DREADING sunday

I teach Relief Society for the first time tomorrow :(

I had to choose the topic, I have choosen to teach on Striving for Perfection, but not EXPECTING Perfection! I think as women we all our way to hard on ourselves, compare ourselves with everyone else way to much, and set unrealistic goals for ourselves. It's okay to want to improve, but we also must be content in knowing that we are not going to be the best at everything, we can be OUR best! Anyways... if you have any advice send it my way!

I am AWFULLY nervous, I get so uncomfortable speaking in front of large groups, and CANNOT WAIT for sunday to be done. On a brighter note... I bought a new outfit for me, and for Jacob and for Claire and for Olivia! That atleast makes me want to go to church tomorrow!

4 comments:

Francis Family said...

I have been teaching RS for over a year and a half now, I still get nervous! But as long as i'm prepared everything else will fall into place. Also ask questions and make sure you can answer your own questions in case others don't answer. Good luck!
You'll do awesome I know it!

Francis Family said...

oh and you totally remind me of myself about the new clothes, even Dustin laughed and said, that totally sounds like you! HA.

Ian Isackson said...

Good luck! I'm proud of you for taking on ANYTHING with 3 kids to deal with as well. I think I would want a permanent 'sabbatical' from callings once I have 3 kids.

mecaballero said...

Hey Meaghan,
You are amazing! I sat with Cait today at church and she told me about you having to teach. I was quick to stop complaining about having to teach Primary. Keep up the good work
Miss you guys
M