4.12.2010

Life with 3





I guess real quickly I will update the happening around here. Jacob was 8 days late, suprise suprise! I could have put money on it, they are all late! I was thinking that I would have him on the 15th so when that day came and went I was furious. Literally MAD. Notice the fake smile on the one picture I have of me near the end of my pregnancy.It's weird that when I look back it doesn't seem that bad, but at the time it felt like a life sentence.
Anyways obviously he came out. It all happened at around 9:00 at night, Thankfully Daves Auntie Della was staying with us. we layed the girls down and they wanted Della to cuddle them, She willingly agreed. So Dave and I went to our room, Dave layed on the bed, I stood at the foot of the bed bawling, and I quote " Dave, I am just done, I can't be pregnant anymore, OUCH... oh wait.... my water just broke" Dave, quickly jumped off the bed, and went into straight panic mode, saying things about he was SOO not ready for this, like he has anything to do besides watch! I told him to pull it together and shortly after we headed to the hospital!
we got to the hospital at around 9:20, went up to labor & delivery, by that time things were really starting to hurt, but they checked me and I was a lousy 4 cm, I was like "are you kidding me" anyways went to the bathroom, and during that time had 3 more contractions, they figured I was the real deal and probably going fast so they got me into a room. Around 10:00 now, I was in a lot of pain, but with a wonderful fantastic Nurse we will call KELLY! Begging for an epidural, still only 4 lousy cm... 10:10 get an epidural, 5 contractions during those 10 minutes, and the poor nurse we are calling Kelly, got her poor back ripped apart as she held me still. 10:15, telling the nurse that even though epidurals are amazing, I still feel a lot of pressure, she takes a little looksie and YES!!!! A lousy 4 turned into a wonderful 10 in that short time, and I am ready to go!


She calls the doctor, says lets give this a little try, at 10:30, and then at 10:33 my little gem was born. All wonderful without a messed up head like my girls, because he was considerably smaller. I used to say that a pound or two never made a difference, and that a baby was a baby and they must all kill to deliver. But I eat my words. A pound or two does make a difference and I will HAPPILY deliver a 7 pound baby verses a 9.4 pound baby!


Jacob has been a little dream, I cannot even begin to explain! I forgot how fun it is to have a newborn around, and I don't think I've ever been this relaxed enough to enjoy it, like I have. No problems with the little man, just a healthy, very content boy
I've been so blessed. I wonder how such a LITTLE BOY can take such a HUGE chunk of my hear SOOO FAST
The girls have been wonderful with him. It took Olivia a few days of adjustment, but now she just says "hi baby" all the time and rubs and pats his tummy! I knew Claire would be a fantastic sister to her 'baby butter". She holds him like an experienced older sister and gets me a diaper when needed!
Life with three is awesome, I still has some fine tuning, like trying to figure out how to get to the grocery store and actually get groceries in the cart because mine is full of children, but right now I am finding joy in the little things, my little boy, my little girls, and getting to church on time!!







6 comments:

Jemaica said...

Congratulations Meaghan, you're a trooper. I'm starting to worry about just getting ready for one and here you are with THREE and handling it like a pro. It was nice to hear an update, keep em coming!

Francis Family said...

That's awesome you had such a good delivery. He was making up for making you wait so long ;) Love the pictures too, they are too cute. Glad he's such a good baby! You deserve it!

Estelle Kane said...

Yay for updates!! I am glad that 3 is going well for you because it definitely worries me! He is such a cute little boy!

Unknown said...

I love him! So glad you are onto your favourite newborn phase. Lots of love from us!

Alysha Sladek said...

wow that's fast!! glad things went well and he's here safe and sound

jeanne said...

I loved your story. You are such a little mother. Your baby is darling and we wish you well.
We do think of you.
Your picture of you pregnant reminds me of my Nikki when she was your age. A beautiful women.
Love Nana